PEOPLE ARE THE FOUNDATION OF OUR SUCCESS
Fostering a work environment in which each employee feels valued, respected and able to contribute fully is central to how we do business and critical to our success. Textron and its business units understand the importance of diversity - that it enhances our company, stimulates innovation and creativity and provides opportunities for our growth and advancement. We also have a continued commitment to talent development by attracting and retaining the very best people who can make a positive impact on our businesses - and making sure we are utilizing all the talent in our company.
At the core of Textron's talent strategy lies a commitment to our people. We know the value of aligning the right talent with our business objectives and drive enterprise success through the following four focus areas:
- Attract & Retain - Developing our talent pipeline to ensure that we have the right people in the right places through purposeful hiring, challenging and rewarding assignments and internal movement of talent.
- Manage & Motivate - Fostering a climate to communicate clear performance expectations and reward outstanding performance.
- Build Capabilities - Helping employees develop the skills, knowledge and experience needed to contribute to Textron's success.
- Develop Careers and Talent - Succession planning across the enterprise and improving mobility among business units to evolve employees' careers.
Fostering Diversity Throughout Textron
Textron promotes an inclusive environment where our employees are respected, have opportunities to grow professionally and can contribute fully to our common goals, regardless of differences.
At Textron, diversity is embraced – among employees, ideas and styles. We enthusiastically support Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to engage the cultures, communities, and lives of all our employees. These groups offer opportunities for professional growth and development as well as shared communication and ideas. They also add to Textron’s standing as a global leader.
Our ERGs include:
- ACE (Asian Corporation of Employees)
- BAANG (Bell African Ancestry Networking Group)
- Bell Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
- C4D (Champions for Disabilities)
- LaVida (Latin Association for Values-Interaction-Development Assistance)
- FUSION for LGBTQ + Employees, Family, Friends and Allies
- Prodigy (PROfessionals for the Development and Integration of Generation-Y Employees)
- VORTEX (Veterans Outreach Through Employee eXperience)
- WLF (Women's Leadership Forum)
- DRIVE (Develop, Retain, Inspire, Value, Engage)
- Women in Manufacturing
- LEAD (Leadership, Education and Development)
- Plane Talk Toastmasters
- Textron Aviation Employees’ Flying Club
- Ibero-American Employee Network
- WINGS (Women’s Initiative for Networking, Growth & Success)
- Textron Aviation Flyers
- Women’s Network
- Veteran’s Network
- Young Professionals Network
- DICE (Diversity, Inclusion, Communication and Engagement)
- Employees’ Club
- Wellness Committee
- Volunteer Outreach Committee
- Veterans Day Committee
- Employee Connection Committee
- Textron Teammates
- Women’s Leadership Forum
Textron India Private Limited
- BRIDGE Committee
- Cultural Committee
- Sports Committee
- CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- TWIN (Textron India Women Network)
- Toastmasters Club
- POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment)